Send and receive money fast, easy, and securely.
A wire transfer is a type of electronic payment service for transferring funds between financial institutions by wire. RTFCU offers both domestic and international wire transfers through our correspondent corporate credit union.
Request a Wire Transfer Form from a member service representative, obtain the following information, and return to RTFCU. The processing time needed may range from 1-7 business days.
- When receiving an international wire, an intermediary stateside institution must be used.
- The information you need depends on whether you’re sending or receiving and whether you’re sending money within the U.S. or internationally.
For fee information, please see our fee schedule.
You should contact the receiving institution to obtain the wire instructions for RTFCU to follow.
- Domestic – Transfer funds within the U.S. states and territories
- International – Transfer funds overseas in U.S. dollars
- Your information: Name, Address, Account number
- Payee information: Name, Address, Account number, Account type (e.g., checking, savings)
- Transfer Information: Transfer amount, Third-party status, Additional wiring instructions (if applicable)
- Receiving Financial Institution Information: Name and address, Routing number (ABA), Corresponding or intermediary bank name and routing number (if applicable)
Additional Required Information for International Transfers
- Payee information: International Bank Account Number (IBAN)
- Transfer information: Type and purpose of wire, whether transfer is to a third party (anyone other than yourself), any remarks needed on wire (RTFCU only sends U.S. currency)
- Receiving Financial Institution Information: SWIFT/BIC of receiving financial institution
You should provide the following instructions to the party initiating a domestic wire transfer:
- Name as titled on RTFCU account
- Account number to which the funds should be credited
- RTFCU’s Routing/ABA number (221379581)
- RTFCU’s address: 924 Turin St, Rome, NY 13440
For international transfers, members should instruct the sending financial institution to use a corresponding bank to facilitate the transfer to your account, as RTFCU and our correspondent corporate credit union are not part of the SWIFT network. RTFCU only receives U.S. currency.